Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Quiet Time in a Quiet Place

When I need quiet time I tend to go off to a corner of the barn where I have a little work area set up so that I can work on a task while avoiding the hecticness of daily life.

Sometimes I can be found there with my nut cracker and a pile of walnuts, or with my sewing basket and my latest quilting blocks. However, if I'm being truly selfish for that moment, you will find me with my current book curled up on top of a few bales of hay.

It might not seem it, but to me the outdoors and having a good book go hand in hand. Each lends itself to the other in some way. I feel relaxed when I am sitting near the doorway in the barn and the sun is warming my skin and a breeze ruffles by me. It is the ultimate stress releasing activity.

Try it out. Find yourself a nice comfy hay bale somewhere and settle down for a good read.

1 comment: